Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What documents do I need to enroll my child?

A: Proof of Residency (i.e. power bill, water bill, lease agreement, mortgage payment), birth certificate, social security card, parent identification, medicaid card,immunization

Q: What actions do I need to take to enroll my child:

A: You must first withdraw your child from the school they are currently attending. When you formally withdraw you will receive important information to bring with you to enrollment. Most school send current grades, attendance and discipline records.

Q: What if I don't have proof of residency in my name?

A: You will need to have the person whom you are living with that has proof of residency to complete an affidavit. Our school will provide the affidavit form. Once the affidavit has been completed it will also need to be notarized. You will also need to provide a recent power bill, water bill, lease/land agreement, or mortgage payment from the person that completed the affidavit.

Q: Can I enroll a child in Anderson School District Three if I do not have custody (i.e. my grandchild is coming to live with me)?

A: No, students must attend school in the district where their parent(s) or legal guardian reside.

Q: What do I need to do during enrollment if my child has and Individualized Education Plan (IEP)?

A: You will need to complete some transfer paperwork so that the IEP from the previous school can be transferred. The school counselors will contact the previous school to confirm special education placement so that your child's services are immediately put into place. Within 30 days of enrollment the special education teacher will invite you to the IEP transfer meeting to discuss any updates or changes that my need to be made.