- All prescription and over-the-counter medications that are to be given at school must have a Permission for Medication Form signed by the child’s parent/guardian, as well as, your child’s doctor.
- A new permission form will need to be signed each time there are changes in medication or dosage. Please keep extra copies of the forms and take them with you to your doctor’s visits. This will save you time and effort.
- All medications must be sent to school in the original container. (this includes the box for inhalers, unless the prescription information is directly on the inhaler itself)
- All medications must be brought immediately to the nurse’s office. Medications cannot be kept in book bags, desks, lockers or pockets.
- The nurse is only allowed to keep one month’s supply of prescription medication for your child.