Reading Circle Guidelines and Points
Guidelines for participating in "We're Booked @ CHS!"
1. Form a reading circle of no more than five people and name your reading circle.
2. Choose a book to read from the following areas/genres:
- September: Reader's Choice
- October: Horror
- November: Fantasy/Science Fiction
- December: No Meeting
- January: Realistic / Historical Fiction
- February: Romance/Adventure
- March: Mystery
- April: End of year activities - Top Reading Circle will be announced
3. Attend book club meetings (Point value: 20 pts if everyone is present; 10 pts if anyone is absent )All meetings begin at 3:15 and usually end at 4:00.
4. Promote reading in the following ways:
- Create posters (using poster board) – Point value: 50 pts
- Create displays (using display boards) – Point value: 100 pts
- Create T-Shirts - Point value: 100 pts
- Develop a Web page for your reading circle – 100 pts
- Participate in Teen Read Week (Details to follow)
- Create a book trailer - 100 points
- Make a commercial for your favorite books – 100 pts
- PSA for your favorite book – 25 pts
- Fill out discussion sheets at meetings – 25 pts
- Vote for SCYABA (must read at least 3 books from the SCYABA list) – 50 pts
- Participate in fundraisers
The reading circle with the most points after our April meeting will be treated to lunch and a trip to Books-A-Million during the school day.
Reading Circle 1: Magic Conch Shell
Reading Circle 2: Book Compelled