Seeking Occupational Therapist to work full time in school setting with children ages 3-21 with disabilities
• Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university
• Meet the standards of the National Board for Certification in OT and pass National exam
• Certification by the American Occupational Therapy Certification board and satisfaction of the current state legal licensure requirements of South Carolina
• Provides awareness of the roles and function of occupational therapy in the school system.
• Evaluates students to obtain and interpret data necessary for intervention strategies and implementation.
• Develops intervention protocols and procedures for student’s programs within scope of own experience.
• Develops IEP’S, including goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
• Coordinates intervention strategies, including goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
• Monitors the student’s response to the intervention and modifies strategies as indicated to attain goals.
• Develops appropriate classroom and home programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the student in the school/home environment.
• Makes recommendation for the termination of services when maximum benefit has been achieved.
• Documents results student’s assessment, intervention, follow-up and termination of services.
• Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual occupational therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
• Maintains service related records and assists in development of these records according to state/federal guidelines.
• Follows billing and reimbursement procedures, as dictated by the Exceptional Children Department.
• Identifies own continuing education needs in compliance with state licensure requirements.
• Develops and provides in-service education to members of the educational team.
• Participates in the development of service operations, policies and procedures.
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 195 days
Please Contact Gaia Phillips, NCSP, LPES, Director of Special Services, Anderson School District 3, 335 West Front Street, Iva, SC 29655 (864) 348-6196
Guidance Counselor (secondary certification) Needed at Crescent High School.
Please contact Devon Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Substitute Teachers Needed at Crescent High School. Applicants should contact Cindy Watkins at email@example.com